CONTAINER STORAGE ADVICE & DISCLAIMER
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WHILST OUR EXTERNAL CONTAINERS ARE CLEAN, DRY, AND WATERTIGHT, CONDENSATION CAN OCCUR, NORMALLY IN THE ROOF INTERIOR AND THE TOP SIX INCHES OF THE SIDE WALLS. THIS CAN BE AS A RESULT OF STORING DAMP ITEMS (SUCH AS WASHING MACHINES AND/OR FRIDGES AND FREEZERS WHERE THEY ARE STILL DRYING OUT. IT CAN ALSO BE A RESULT OF MOISTURE DUE TO THE VARIABLES OF HIGH AND LOW OUTSIDE TEMPERATURES, IN PARTICULAR, THIS CAN OCCUR IN THE COLDER MONTHS WHEN THE CONTAINER DOORS ARE OPEN TO THE ELEMENTS ON DAMP OR WET DAYS.
A SIMPLE SOLUTION IS NOT TO STORE ITEMS HIGH UP AROUND THE WALLS OF THE CONTAINER, AND TO TRY AND AVOID OPENING AND CLOSING THE DOORS OF THE CONTAINER IN INCLEMENT WEATHER.
ALL OUR CONTAINERS HAVE VENTILATION GRILLES TO ALLEVIATE THE CONDENSATION SITUATION, AND THERE ARE OPTIONS TO PURCHASE ‘ABSORPOLES’ WHICH REMOVE MOISTURE (CONDENSATION) FROM THE AIR. THESE POLES CAN BE HUNG FROM THE LOOPS SITUATED TOWARDS THE ROOF OF THE CONTAINER. IDEALLY, FOUR PER 20FT CONTAINER SHOULD SUFFICE.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR RECEPTION OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE PURCHASE OF THESE POLES.
AS A RESULT OF TEMPERATURE CHANGES AND STORAGE OF ITEMS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, PLEASE BE AWARE WE CAN ACCEPT NO CONSEQUENCE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO STORED ITEMS THAT MAY OCCUR.
- Use sheets of cardboard or plastic on the floor or over soft furnishings
- Try to avoid storing larger furniture items directly against the container walls, they will also benefit from being stored with a small gap between them to help air circulate
- ALWAYS defrost, clean, and dry fridges, freezers, & washing machines before storing
- Ensure any liquids are stored in sealed containers to reduce the impact of condensation
- Garden equipment should be cleaned and emptied of oil and petrol before storing.
- Make good use of space by storing mattresses and sofas vertically, and use plastic covers to protect – we sell sofa covers and mattress bags
- Beds and wardrobes should be disassembled where possible to save space
- If storing a vehicle, please ensure all fuels or flammable liquids are drained
- If storing garden and garage tools clean thoroughly and wipe them down with an oiled cloth the tools securely into bundles.
- Vehicles and machinery should be drained of oil and petrol